Friday, October 5, 2012

Spider Cider Treat Pouch

Brrrrrr! It's so cold outside. Fall weather drives me crazy... shorts yesterday, coats today. Cooler weather always makes me want to curl up and read with a cup of coffee (boy, do I miss living close to a Barnes & Noble!). I didn't get to curl up, but I did get to glance through a few children's books today  ;)  
On Friday mornings I am the "librarian" at the grade school. I couldn't believe how crazy-busy it was this morning!! Kids came out of every corner. It's usually fairly hoppin' on Fridays, but I guess the cooler weather made them want to grab a book, too. I just LOVE seeing all these kids discover the joy of reading. 
Do you remember the cute little treat pouch I posted yesterday? I liked making it so much, that I thought I would try a larger version for a fun gift, and include some cider mix so that Ben's teacher could curl up with a good book and a toasty beverage. 
stamp set: Monster Munchies
tools: Big Sot, Extra-Large and Large Oval punches, Simply Scored 


For this treat pouch, I put the treat in the front pocket, and the card in the back pocket. 
The folded card measures 3-3/4 x 4-3/4" (closed). The Halloween sentiment from the Seasonal Sayings stamp set is stamped in VersaMark ink, and heat-embossed with tangerine Tango Embossing Powder
Even the inside of the card gets some cute touches! 

Soooooo, I'll bet you would like the measurements for this larger sized pouch, right? Say "please."  ;) 

Use the pictures from the tutorial I posted yesterday, and these measurements: 

Start with a 10" x 10" square of Designer Series Paper.
1 - Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score at the corner (0") and at 1".
2 - Rotate a half-turn (180º) to the left. Score at 1".
3 - Rotate a quarter-turn (90º) to the left, and score at 3-1/2".
4 - Rotate a half-turn (180º) to the left, and score at 3-1/2".

Fold the treat pouch the same way as the smaller version. Easy, peasy! Now, if you love your friends, share this post (Facebook, Pinterest) and save them the time of figuring out the measurements. They will love you for it! (You know they're going to want to make a Christmas version with hot cocoa - if you share the measurements, maybe they'll make one for you!)
Well, that's a Halloween gift done for one teacher... guess I'd better start on another gift for Aaron's teacher  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...