Thursday, October 4, 2012

a gift for my new friend

I have to say that with our move, we have met some of the nicest people! So far, everyone has been very friendly and helpful, which makes uprooting our family a much easier ordeal. One of the Moms I met has been so nice, that I think I'll surprise her with a little treat tomorrow  :} 
I made this at my upline's team meeting in August, and I've been saving it for someone special. 
This paper started as an 8 x 8" square, and ended as a little treat pouch with two "pockets." One pocket holds a little card (3-1/2" x 3" closed), and I tucked a yummy piece of chocolate into the other.
The cute leaves (from the Wonderfall stamp set) are stamped in Soft Suede ink onto Cajun Craze and Soft Suede card stock. The button and linen thread add the perfect finishing touch to the front. 
Since the back has to be pretty too, a flower made out of 6 layers of card stock (1-1/4" Scallop Circle punch) is a nice little detail.

Soooooo, I'll bet you want to know how to make this little cutie, right?? Ta Da!!
Start with an 8" x 8" square of Designer Series Paper.
1 - Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score at the corner (0") and at 3/4".
2 - Rotate a half-turn (180º) to the left. Score at 3/4".
3 - Rotate a quarter-turn (90º) to the left, and score at 2-3/4".
4 - Rotate a half-turn (180º) to the left, and score at 2-3/4". 

Place the pattern that you want to be on the outside of your pouch facedown. The corners that have the center score-line should be on your left and right.
1 - Fold the left and right sides inward. If you use a bone folder to make the folds more crisp, be sure to press gently. 
2 - Fold the top point down towards you (center score-line). 
3 - Fold up on the score-line close to the straight-edge. 
4 - Flip your project over, and fold up on the last score-line.

That's it - you're done! Well, add a little adhesive at the top corner or punch a hole and tie some ribbon through it to keep it together... then you're done.
Hmmmm, I'll bet this would be super cute as a Halloween treat!   Stay tuned...  ;}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...