Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sitting on a cornflake... coo coo ca choo

Soooooo, today's card... it would be easier to say "don't ask," but I know someone will... 
This all started because Aaron brought home the most adorable project ever.  He made it at school while working on the letter Ww. As a Mom, I instantly thought, "this is a keeper for the scrapbook!" As a former kindergarten teacher I instantly thought "I have to save this in my letter Ww file." As a paper-crafter, I instantly thought "punch art!" Good grief!! 
But, seriously... who do you send a punch-art-Walrus card to??? I wanted to make this little guy so much I started to think of all sorts of stupid things (have a walrussy birthday???). Which led to thinking "I am crazy. Wait, wait wait... I am the Walrus... I have an 'I am' stamp (from last year's Convention)... yes! I will send this to my friend who is a Beatles fan." Although I'm pretty sure she's not a huge fan of this particular song - talk about "out there."

So there you have it... the reason for why you would make a punch art walrus other than for a ZOO scrapbook page. Yup, I am about as crazy as the song.   :}
It did turn out super cute though! I used an Oval Framelit to create the curved top of his head. I just ran the Chocolate Chip card stock about a third of the way through the Big Shot so it only trimmed the one end. A smaller Oval Framelit made the "snout?" out of River Rock card stock. I Spritzed the oval with a Chocolate Chip Marker and sponged the edges with River Rock ink. 
I used the Owl Builder punch to create the eyes, and the Small Oval punch to make the nose. For the tusks, I used the Petite Pennants punch to punch out two Very Vanilla triangles, and trimmed up each long side to make them thinner. 

Want to see the project that inspired all this silliness?
Adorable, right???  :}
Come to think of it, perhaps today's post was just "destined to be." After all, I did substitute teach today. ***Shout-out to Harristown Elementary as one of the nicest school buildings to sub in!  Aaaaand, the only stamp on today's card is from a Convention stamp set, and I registered for Convention 2013 today. Maybe, just maybe, I'm not so crazy after all... coo coo ca choo!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post and your walrus! He is so cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card from a fun lovin person. I am so glad you and your mom are going to be at convention this year. It would not be the same without you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Sue :)
      Looking forward to seeing you at Convention, too!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...