Thursday, November 8, 2012

Woohoo!!

I feel like a little kid today... I'm so excited to share my projects with you! So excited that almost skipped making coffee so I could start my blog post... almost
I found a really neat blog the other day, and since they're hosting a challenge, I thought I'd play along. This week's challenge on the Cupcake Craft Challenges blog is to use the color Kraft.  Teehee, that's like challenging me to breathe!!
Did you know that the color Crumb Cake used to be named Kraft? It's been a while since the latest color revamp, so I forget sometimes... but it's handy to know in case you're ever in a knock-down, drag-out battle of Trivial Pursuit -- the Paper Crafting Edition.  ;} 
You might not give the color Crumb Cake (Kraft) all that much thought. I mean, who gets excited about shades of brown? (well, besides me) But Crumb Cake is the perfect neutral... the perfect "base" for tons of projects. It can be simply the "glue" that brings the colors in your project together, or a main player in vintage and masculine projects. 
On today's project, the Crumb Cake card stock was the base that I started with, and built all of my elements around. 
Ok, stop staring at the wine and focus on the tag.  ;}   Hubby made the wine, and I made the gift tag so I could thank a friend.
I started with a 3" wide strip of Crumb Cake card stock, scored a fold line at the top, and used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch to make a hole so that the tag could just slip onto the neck of the bottle. 
Then I used sticky notes to mask the bottom and the left side before I stamped the Woodgrain Background stamp in Early Espresso ink. I pressed lightly for that soft, partially stamped image. I removed the sticky notes and spritzed the Crumb Cake card stock with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz®A strip of Orchard Harvest DSP and embossed Raspberry Ripple card stock complete the "base" of the tag. (click here to see how to create the embossed diagonal stripes
The leaves are die-cut from Very Vanilla card stock (Autumn Accents Bigz Die) and stamped (Wonderfall stamp set) in Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, and Raspberry Ripple ink. I made the medallion out of another pattern in the Orchard Harvest DSP, scoring the 12" strip every 1/4". I had to add the apple (Perfectly Preserved), since this is a bottle of apple wine... hubby made this with apples from a local (for us at the time) orchard in Kenosha, WI. A Vintage Faceted Button and some Linen Thread are just the most gorgeous finishing touches! To make the doubled up Linen Thread bow (hmm... that's a "Kraft" color, too) simply fold a length in half and thread both pieces through the button holes at the same time.

Now, I know you're lovin' this project and you're ready to grab your Crumb Cake card stock... but WAIT, there's MORE! 
How about a freebie on my Facebook Page AND a video tutorial??!!  Woohoo!!! 




You're Welcome  ;}  Thanks for dropping by today. Luv ya!

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome, thanks for the video. Can't wait to try one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab wine tag.Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your idea for the wine tag from Julie's Stamping Spot. I live in Kenosha and bet the orchard you mentioned is Apple Holler. One of my favorite places to shop and eat. Originally from Illinois and went to school in Champaign. You will love central Illinois. Thanks for the great ideas. I'm adding you to my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista- you are so sweet. Yes! The apples are from Apple Holler!! I've been there several times... as a Mom, and as a school field trip chaperone. Our lives seem to be in reverse ;) We do like central IL, and my hubby is enjoying his job at the U of I. Thanks so much for leaving a comment... have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I saw this on Julie's blog and came here to see more of the great wine tag... I just may have to case this for Thanksgiving! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Barb! I'm sure your Thanksgiving hostess would love it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...