Saturday, November 24, 2012

Vintage Ornament Christmas Card

My most recent class that I taught at the bakery was a Christmas card class. I wanted the participants to see a variety of styles they could try when stamping their own Christmas cards. So I brought cute, traditional, modern, and vintage cards. I already showed you the cute card, and today I'm sharing my vintage style card. 
I created the background using both DSP and embossed card stock. The Cherry Cobbler DSP layer is from the Be of Good Cheer package, and I used the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder to create that great texture on the Baja Breeze card stock.  
After stamping the ornament in Baja Breeze ink, I used a template in the Festive Paper Piercing Pack to help me add the pierced details. The Very Vanilla layer is adhered with Dimensionals so that those details stand out.
After tying on some Baja Breeze Seam Binding and attaching the focal point layers (more Dimensionals), I spritzed on my shimmer mist, a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint in rubbing alcohol.  
 
I even whipped up a simple sketch for my card, so you can add it to your template library. And stay tuned... I'll be posting another card using this same template very soon!!  :} 



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...