Thursday, October 11, 2012

simple Fall card; unexpected color combo

I love making Fall cards, especially when I get to add all the yummy details like sponging, shimmer mist, Crochet Trim, layers, etc... But let's face it, if I waited until I had time to make all those, I wouldn't get much done! I like to try to mail out a few Fall cards, so that if I don't get my Christmas cards done in time, I've given myself a "free pass" until Valentine's Day.   ;)   Is that planning to fail, or being realistic???
Anywho, I came up with a simple Fall card that's super easy to make and doesn't take much time - yay! 
My favorite thing about this card is the unexpected color combination. I had something else in mind when I started working on it, but when I went to my card stock shelf, the Perfect Plum jumped up and said "PICK ME!!" So I did.
The Woodgrain background stamp is perfect for this card - love it! At first I used the Woodgrain Embossing Folder on the More Mustard layer, but I felt like it made the card too busy. It needed something that would add subtle detail, without taking too much time, since I want to make several of these... Stripes Embossing Folder to the rescue! 
After die-cutting Very Vanilla card stock on the Autumn Accents Bigz Die, I inked a leaf from the Wonderfall stamp set with Cajun Craze ink. While the stamp was lying on it's back, I pressed the card stock onto the stamp... it's like stamping upside down :}
The "thanks" sentiment (Fabulous Phrases) is stamped in Early Espresso ink onto Cajun Craze card stock, and adhered to the back of the leaf. I used Dimensionals to adhere the leaf to my card front, and Mini Glue Dots hold the Perfect Plum button in place. Easy Peasy!
If you are looking to mix things up a bit in your craft room today, try this color combo (Perfect Plum, Cajun Craze, More Mustard) on some Fall cards. I think you'll like it!  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...